slurmrestdSection: Slurm REST Daemon (8)
Updated: Slurm REST Daemon
NAMEslurmrestd - Interface to Slurm via REST API.
SYNOPSISslurmrestd [OPTIONS...] [(host:port)|(unix:/path/to/socket)]...
DESCRIPTIONslurmrestd is REST API interface for Slurm. It can be used in two modes:
- Inetd Mode: slurmrestd will read and write to STDIN and STDOUT. It can detect if
it is connected to a socket or a locally TTY (interactive mode).
- Listen Mode: slurmrestd will open a listening socket on each requested
host:port pair or UNIX socket.
- Hostname and port to listen against. Host may be (IPv4/IPv6) IP or a resolvable hostname. Hostnames are only looked up at startup and do not change for the life of the process.
- Listen on local UNIX socket. Must have permission to create socket in filesystem.
- -f <file>
- Read Slurm configuration from the specified file. See NOTES below.
- -g <group id>
- Change group id (and drop supplemental groups) before processing client request. This should be a unique group with no write access or special permissions. Do not set this user to SlurmUser or root.
- Help; print a brief summary of command options.
- -t <THREAD COUNT>
- Specify number of threads to use to process client connections. Ignored in inetd mode. Default: 20
- -u <user id>
- Change user id before processing client request. This should be a unique group with no write access or special permissions. Do not set this user to SlurmUser or root.
- Verbose operation. Multiple -v's increase verbosity. Higher verbosity levels will have significant performance impact.
Print version information and exit.
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLESThe following environment variables can be used to override settings compiled into slurmctld.
- The location of the Slurm configuration file.
- Set debug level explicitly. Valid values are 1-10. See -v
Comma delimited list of host:port pairs or unix sockets to listen on.
NOTESslurmrestd is designed to run with AuthAltTypes outside of the Munge cluster when configured AuthAltTypes supports this.
COPYINGCopyright (C) 2019-2020 SchedMD LLC.
This file is part of Slurm, a resource management program. For details, see <https://slurm.schedmd.com/>.
Slurm is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Slurm is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
SEE ALSOslurm.conf(5), slurmctld(8), slurmdbd(8)
This document was created by man2html using the manual pages.
Time: 20:44:46 GMT, May 21, 2020