sreportSection: Slurm Commands (1)
Updated: Slurm Commands
NAMEsreport - Generate reports from the slurm accounting data.
SYNOPSISsreport [OPTIONS...] [COMMAND...]
DESCRIPTIONsreport is used to generate reports of job usage and cluster utilization for Slurm jobs saved to the Slurm Database, slurmdbd.
- -a, --all_clusters
- Use all clusters instead of only the cluster from which the command was executed.
- Generate a report for the federation if a member of one.
- -h, --help
- Print a help message describing the usage of sreport.
- Generate a report for the local cluster, even if part of a federation. Overrides --federation
- -M, --cluster
- The cluster(s) to generate reports for. Default is local cluster, unless the local cluster is currently part of a federation and in that case generate a report for all clusters in the current federation. If the clusters included in a federation vary through time, use this option to identify the clusters to be included in report. Implies --local.
- -n, --noheader
- Don't display header when listing results.
- -p, --parsable
- Output will be '|' delimited with a '|' at the end.
- -P, --parsable2
- Output will be '|' delimited without a '|' at the end.
- -Q, --quiet
- Print no warning or informational messages, only error messages.
- -t <format>
- Specify the output time format. Time format options are case insensitive and may be abbreviated. The default format is Minutes. Supported time format options are listed in the time command section below.
- -T, --tres <tres_names>
Trackable resource (TRES) to report values for.
By default CPU resource use is reported (except for reservation reports. All
TRES types reserved by a reservation will be shown by default unless overridden
with this option).
Multiple TRES names may be separated using a comma separated list for all
reports except the job reports, which can only support a single TRES name, or
"ALL" for all TRES.
The "Reported" Billing TRES is calculated from the largest Billing TRES of each node multiplied by the time frame. For example, if a node is part of multiple partitions and each has a different TRESBillingWeights defined the Billing TRES for the node will be the highest of the partitions. If TRESBillingWeights is not defined on any partition for a node then the Billing TRES will be equal to the number of CPUs on the node.
TRES node usage is no longer reported in percent format or in Cluster Utilization. Please use TRES CPU instead. The main issue with using node is in most configurations multiple jobs are able to run on the same node. This makes TRES node accounting count the same node multiple times in the same period. In exclusive node configurations, CPU accounting returns the same usage node accounting would.
- -v, --verbose
- Print detailed event logging.
- -V , --version
Print version information and exit.
- <keyword> may be omitted from the execute line and sreport will
- execute in interactive mode. sreport will process commands as entered until explicitly terminated.
- Terminate the execution of sreport. Identical to the quit command.
- Display a description of sreport options and commands.
- Return output to normal after parsable or parsable2 has been set.
- Output will be | delimited with an ending '|'.
- Output will be | delimited without an ending '|'.
- Print no warning or informational messages, only fatal error messages.
- Terminate the execution of sreport. Identical to the exit command.
- time <time_format>
Specify the output time format. Time format options are case
insensitive and may be abbreviated. The default format is Minutes.
Supported time format options include:
- Enable detailed event logging.
- Display the sreport version number.
Repeat the last command executed.
- Valid report types are:
cluster <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
job <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
reservation <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
user <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
- <REPORT> options for each type include:
cluster - AccountUtilizationByUser, UserUtilizationByAccount, UserUtilizationByWckey, Utilization, WCKeyUtilizationByUser
job - SizesByAccount, SizesByAccountAndWcKey, SizesByWckey
reservation - Utilization
user - TopUsage
- cluster AccountUtilizationByUser
- This report will display account utilization as it appears on the hierarchical tree. Starting with the specified account or the root account by default this report will list the underlying usage with a sum on each level. Use the 'tree' option to span the tree for better visibility. NOTE: If there were reservations allowing a whole account any idle time in the reservation given to the association for the account, not the user associations in the account, so it can be possible a parent account can be larger than the sum of it's children.
- cluster UserUtilizationByAccount
- This report will display users by account in order of utilization without grouping multiple accounts by user into one, but displaying them on separate lines.
- cluster UserUtilizationByWCKey
- This report will display users by wckey in order of utilization without grouping multiple wckey by user into one, but displaying them on separate lines.
- cluster Utilization
This report will display total usage divided amongst Allocated, Down,
Planned Down, Idle, and Reserved time for selected clusters.
- Time that nodes were in use with active jobs or an active reservation. This does not include reservations created with the MAINT or IGNORE_JOBS flags.
- Time that nodes were marked as Down or time that slurmctld was not responding (assuming TrackSlurmctldDown is set in slurmdbd.conf).
- Time where nodes had no active jobs or reservations.
- Time that the nodes were over allocated, either with the -O, --overcommit flag at submission time or OverSubscribe set to FORCE in the slurm.conf. This time is not counted against the total reported time.
- Time that nodes were in use by a reservation created with the MAINT flag but not the IGNORE_JOBS flag.
- Time that a node spent idle with eligible jobs in the queue that were unable to start due to time or size constraints. If this value is not of importance for you then the number can be grouped with idle time.
- Configured number of TRES' on the reported nodes. See also the TresName field.
Note: Reservations created with the IGNORE_JOBS flag are not tracked in the Cluster Utilization report due to the fact that allowing any current/active jobs to continue to run in the reservation introduces the possibility for them to be accounted for incorrectly.
Note: The default view for the "Cluster Utilization" report includes the following fields: Cluster, Allocated, Down, PlannedDown, Idle, Reserved, Reported. You can include additional fields like OverCommitted and TresCount fields with the Format option. The TresName will also be included if using the -T, --tres <tres_names> option.
- cluster WCKeyUtilizationByUser
- This report will display wckey utilization sorted by WCKey name for each user on each cluster.
- job SizesByAccount
- This report will display the amount of time used for job ranges specified by the 'grouping=' option. Only a single level in the tree is displayed defaulting to the root dir. If you specify other accounts with the 'account=' option sreport will use those accounts as the root account and you will receive the aggregated totals of each listed account plus their sub accounts.
- job SizesByAccountAndWckey
- This report is very similar to SizesByAccount with the difference being each account is pair with wckeys so the identifier is account:wckey instead of just account so there will most likely be multiple accounts listed depending on the number of wckeys used.
- job SizesByWckey
- This report will display the amount of time for each wckey for job ranges specified by the 'grouping=' option.
- reservation Utilization
- This report will display total usage for reservations on the systems.
- user TopUsage
Displays the top users on a cluster. Use the group option to group
accounts together. The default is to have a different line for each
user account combination.
- Each report type has various options...
- OPTIONS FOR ALL REPORT TYPES
- Use all monitored clusters. Default is local cluster.
- List of clusters to include in report. Default is local cluster.
Period ending for report. Default is 23:59:59 of previous day.
Valid time formats are...
MMDD[YY] or MM/DD[/YY] or MM.DD[.YY]
Comma separated list of fields to display in report.
When using the format option for listing various fields you can put a %NUMBER afterwards to specify how many characters should be printed.
e.g. format=name%30 will print 30 characters of field name right justified. A -30 will print 30 characters left justified.
- Period start for report. Default is 00:00:00 of previous day. Valid time formats are...
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR CLUSTER REPORTS
- When used with the UserUtilizationByAccount, or AccountUtilizationByUser, List of accounts to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the AccountUtilizationByUser report will span the accounts as they are in the hierarchy.
- When used with any report other than Utilization, List of users to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the UserUtilizationByWckey or WCKeyUtilizationByUser, List of wckeys to include in report. Default is all.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR JOB REPORTS
- List of accounts to use for the report. Default is all which will show only one line corresponding to the totals of all accounts in the hierarchy. This explanation does not apply when ran with the FlatView or AcctAsParent options.
- When used with the SizesbyAccount(*) will take specified accounts as parents and the next layer of accounts under those specified will be displayed. Default is root if no specific Accounts are requested. When FlatView is used, this option is ignored.
- When used with the SizesbyAccount(*) will not group accounts in a hierarchical level, but print each account where jobs ran on a separate line without any hierarchy.
- List of group ids to include in report. Default is all.
- Comma separated list of size groupings. (e.g. 50,100,150 would group job cpu count 1-49, 50-99, 100-149, > 150). grouping=individual will result in a single column for each job size found.
- List of jobs/steps to include in report. Default is all.
- Only show jobs that ran on these nodes. Default is all.
- List of partitions jobs ran on to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the Sizes report will print number of jobs ran instead of time used.
- List of users jobs to include in report. Default is all.
- List of wckeys to use for the report. Default is all. The SizesbyWckey report all users summed together. If you want only certain users specify them them with the Users= option.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR RESERVATION REPORTS
- List of reservations to use for the report. Default is all.
Only show reservations that used these nodes. Default is all.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR USER REPORTS
- List of accounts to use for the report. Default is all.
- Group all accounts together for each user. Default is a separate entry for each user and account reference.
- Used in the TopUsage report. Change the number of users displayed. Default is 10.
List of users jobs to include in report. Default is all.
FORMAT OPTIONS FOR EACH REPORT
FORMAT OPTIONS FOR CLUSTER REPORTS
UserUtilizationByAccount: Accounts, Cluster, Login, Proper, TresCount, Used
WCKeyUtilizationByUser: Cluster, Login, Proper, TresCount, Used, Wckey
Utilization: Allocated, Cluster, Down, Idle, Overcommited, PlannedDown, Reported, Reserved, TresCount, TresName
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR JOB REPORTS
SizesByWckey: Wckey, Cluster
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR RESERVATION REPORTS
- Utilization: Allocated, Associations, Cluster, End, Flags, Idle, Name, Nodes, ReservationId, Start, TotalTime, TresCount, TresName, TresTime
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR USER REPORTS
Account, Cluster, Login, Proper, Used
- All commands and options are case-insensitive.
Some sreport options may be set via environment variables. These environment variables, along with their corresponding options, are listed below. (Note: commandline options will always override these settings)
- Same as -M, --cluster
- Same as --federation
- Same as --local
- Same as -t, --tres
The location of the Slurm configuration file.
- sreport job sizesbyaccount
- sreport cluster utilization
- sreport user top
- sreport job sizesbyaccount All_Clusters users=gore1 account=environ PrintJobCount
- Report number of jobs by user gore1 within the environ account
- sreport cluster AccountUtilizationByUser cluster=zeus user=gore1 start=2/23/08 end=2/24/09 format=Accounts,Cluster,TresCount,Login,Proper,Used
- Report cluster account utilization with the specified fields during the specified 24 hour day of February 23, 2009, by user gore1
- sreport cluster AccountUtilizationByUser cluster=zeus accounts=lc start=2/23/08 end=2/24/09
- Report cluster account utilization by user in the LC account on cluster zeus
- sreport user topusage start=2/16/09 end=2/23/09 -t percent account=lc
Report top usage in percent of the lc account during the specified week
COPYINGCopyright (C) 2009-2010 Lawrence Livermore National Security. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER).
Copyright (C) 2010-2015 SchedMD LLC.
This file is part of Slurm, a resource management program. For details, see <https://slurm.schedmd.com/>.
Slurm is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Slurm is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
SEE ALSOsacct(1), slurmdbd(8)
- REPORT TYPES
- REPORT DESCRIPTION
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR EACH REPORT
- ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by man2html using the manual pages.
Time: 22:54:41 GMT, February 03, 2020